Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites: Red

Hi friends! As promised, today's post is the first part of a new weekly series sharing my favorites from my stash! I decided to go by color, finish and then by brand. So hopefully I will get to use some neglected polish over the next several weeks, and you guys might find a new color or three to try!

Since we're starting with color, the first Favorites post is my fav red polishes! If you have read my blog for a while, you probably know that red isn't a shade I naturally gravitate towards. Over the last few years of polish collecting, I have come across a few reds that I do actually like. Although only one of them is a cream finish, lol! I do like my polish to have a little something extra!


Essie Dress To Kilt, Lacquer Lust Ruby Holo, Nubar Red Ruby Glitz, Zoya India


Essie Dress To Kilt

Essie Dress To Kilt is probably the only red cream in my collection that I would wear on it's own. The brown undertones just kill it for me. And being that it's not your typical red make it that much more appealing. BTW, sorry for the red stains on my cuticles and side walls! This was the last red I swatched and we all know how bad reds tend to stain!



Lacquer Lust Ruby Holo

While compared to the other three, Lacquer Lust Ruby Holo pulls more pink than red, but trust me it is a red polish. Being that it is the Ruby birthstone for July in polish form, I am really happy with the pink-ness of it, since rubies can be more of a pink/red color. Also, I am obsessed with birthstone polish. And no, I'm not a thirteen year old girl.



Nubar Red Ruby Glitz

Red Ruby Glitz is the very first red polish I bought for myself as a serious polish hoarder collector. Again, being a Ruby polish, and all that jelly/glittery goodness just did it for me!


Zoya India

India is everything I usually don't like in a polish. It is a dark, vampy red and I normally avoid that type of polish like the plague, but HOT DAMN look at that shimmer! This is easily my absolute favorite red ever.


Well I hope you all enjoyed taking a look at the red polishes I hold dear in my collection and I hope you guys are excited to see the rest of my favorites! Next week is orange and I have some amazing orange polishes!

3 comments:

  1. The 'Lacquer Lust Ruby Holo' is my favourite, looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice picks for your favorite reds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you are doing these posts by color. It's nice to compare them. I like your reds - it's one of my favorite polish colors. Thank you for doing these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...