Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Teal Nails For Ovarian Cancer Awareness

Oh hai friends! Didn't mean to drop off like that last week.With school starting up again, my schedule has been thrown for a loop, and I was not really mentally prepared. But I am back this week with the Twinsie Tuesday theme - Teal nails for Ovarian cancer awareness.





Used:

Cult Nails - Let Me Fly
Cult Nails - Falling Hard


I wanted to keep this mani really simple because this post is more about raising awareness for Ovarian cancer than the design. But I will say that Let Me Fly is one of my top fav teal polishes I have in my collection. I wasn't super impressed when I first got it, but it has definitely grown on me and I appreciate it so much more each time I wear it.



Now for the awareness part: From the CDC - Each year, about 20,000 women in the United States get ovarian cancer. Among women in the United States, ovarian cancer is the eighth most common cancer and the fifth leading cause of cancer death, after lung and bronchus, breast, colorectal, and pancreatic cancers. Ovarian cancer causes more deaths than any other cancer of the female reproductive system, but it accounts for only about 3% of all cancers in women. When ovarian cancer is found in its early stages, treatment is most effective.

Early detection is obviously the best way to fight this disease. We need to take control of our bodies and our health care. Yearly testing is a big factor, but also knowing your body plays an important part as well! Pay attention to your cycle ladies! It can be a big indicator to the health and wellness of your lady parts. 

I hope you all have a great day and will take away some new knowledge from this post. Also, please visit the rest of the TT ladies in support of this cause. 



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Anna at Going to the Showing
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
       Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision
Traci at DrinkCitra

8 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...