Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Nail Art Series: Gradient Leopard Print

Hello everyone! Continuing with the summer nail art ideas, I have something a little different today! Most summer looks involve bright or neon colors, and while that is so much fun, it may not be for everyone. Instead of going with something bright, try using a funky pattern! Leopard print is as funky as it gets, in my opinion. I also added a fun little twist by doing a gradient with the leopard spots!


Used:

O.P.I. - Don't Bossa-Nova Me Around
O.P.I. - Hey Baby
O.P.I. - Funky Dunky
O.P.I. - Black Onyx

Dotting tools

I followed the leopard print technique form Chalkboard Nails that uses dotting tools to make the spots. I prefer this way as opposed to brushes because you can really customize the size of the spots depending on what sized dotting too you use. For this mani, I used smaller tipped dotters since I was using multiple colors and I wanted there to be enough room for all three. I also blended together Hey Baby and Funky Dunky to get the middle shade dots. Yay for custom blending!



I really love how it turned out. Leopard print is usually way out side of my comfort zone and I only started doing it recently. But I gotta admit, it can be fun to do once in a while! But I will forever be a bright color kind of gal!

What do you all prefer? Bright colors or funky prints or are you a fan on the more subdued looks?

2 comments:

  1. Your leopard print looks so awesome! Love the pink and purple combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you step out of your comfort zone, because this design looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...