Friday, April 4, 2014

China Glaze What A Pansy - Spring/Summer Color Trend

Hey friends! Happy Friday! My posting schedule kinda got away from me this week, and I wasn't able to get this up as early as I wanted. But better late than never!

Continuing with the Pantone spring and summer color palettes, today I have What A Pansy from the China Glaze spring collection, City Flourish. What A Pansy is the Violet Tulip shade from the palette, and offers a nice contrast to the color of the year, Radiant Orchid.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.




China Glaze What A Pansy (City Flourish Collection Spring 2014)


What A Pansy is a dusty purple crelly with strong blue undertones. In some lightings, it pulls a lot more blue than purple. I usually grab more red based purples than blue based, but that is a taste preference. As a result, this is a unique purple in my collection. Formula was okay, not fantastic. I had some dragging issues on the first coat, creating a patchy look. After letting it dry completely, a thicker second coat gave full coverage. I do so love the slight squishyness of the crelly formula. 



While What A Pansy isn't a pastel, it has a slightly faded look that I think will translate very nicely into a spring wardrobe. I like the unique color, and it is a nice alternative to the Radiant Orchid shades that are abundant right now.

So are you a Violet Pansy kind of person, or a Radiant Orchid?

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

China Glaze is available at most beauty stores, including Sally's and Ulta, and on line at Transdesign. Prices vary by location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...