Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cult Nails Mazo & Baker

Hey friends! Hope you all are having a great week! I am desperately trying to play catch-up, as well as plan for some fun stuff in December! I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week, and Christmas shortly after. What a whirlwind year this has been for me!
 
I have a couple of Cult Nails lovelies to share with you guys, today. I have been on a huge teal kick lately, and decided to revisit Cult Nails Let Me Fly. And even though, I said I wouldn't, I went and bought two more colors. But in my defense, they are discounted, so there. Despite my overall underwhelming experiences, I still lust after some colors, and Baker is one I have eyed several times. I am a sucker for golden shimmers. Once I saw that Baker was discounted, I went and added Mazo to my cart as well; just in case Baker was to warm for my skin tone. And, because, I have no self control.
 
Please Note: Products were purchased by me for my personal use.
 
 
 
Cult Nails Mazo
 
Mazo is a very sheer pale nude with golden shimmer. There are also copper and green shimmery bits added to the mix. Sigh. The color is so dreamy, I love it. From my past experience, I knew that the formula was going to be thin, and with that knowledge, I was able to manipulate it to my liking. This one is super sheer, I ended up with four thinner coats. But it looks very pretty with just one coat as well, giving just a whisper of shimmer.
 

 
---
 
 
Cult Nails Baker
 
Baker is a warm toffee colored nude with golden shimmer. I totally get what everyone was going crazy for. This is gorgeous. While it is very warm, it looks good with my skin tone.  Same thin formula, sheer, but not so much as Mazo. This is three thinner coats. If the base was a bit thicker, I could have gotten away with 2.
 
 
 
I stick by my original assessment of Cult Nails. The polishes are just too thin for my preference. But now, at least, I am able to use them without issue. I am definitely not one of the "Culties" but I can appreciate a good color!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.
 
Cult Nails is available on line. Products range from $7-$14 a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...