Monday, October 7, 2013

O.P.I. DS Sapphire

Hey y'all! I have something super special to share today! O.P.I. Designer Series (DS for short) is an LE line of polish released every year in the fall. Older releases were holographic polishes and are now considered HTF (hard to find). You can find usually find them on EBay or Amazon, but will pay at least $20 for a bottle. I stumbled across a bottle of DS Sapphire (released in 2006) at my local grocery store during a fantastic sale on O.P.I. Can you believe I grabbed this baby for $5?!? Major score!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.

OPI DS Sapphire

O.P.I. - DS Sapphire

DS Sapphire is a silvery blue linear holographic. The holo is really strong, despite my pics. Sadly my lights have problems with holos. One thing I noticed, and I didn't read anywhere else, is that it also has a very subtle purple duo chrome shift as well. You can see the purple flash on my pinkie nail in the first picture. Since this is a much older polish, it is not 3 free. It has all the nasty ingredients that are now considered to be toxic and carsinogenic! It definitely has that old polish smell! Formula was a bit sheer, but surprisingly smooth. I didn't have to use Aqua Base for application. 3 coats for shimmery holo goodness!
 
OPI DS Sapphire
 
OPI DS Sapphire

As a collector, I am over the moon to have this in my stash. Older DS's are quite coveted and I honestly never thought I would find one. Have you ever found a HTF polish?
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I am so jealous of your find! I recently found a HTF polish in my mom's stash from OPI, call Nice Color, Eh? It's even a black label!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Now that is awesome! I've heard of people finding gems in their mom's stash.

      Delete
  2. Oh crap this is pretty! I can't believe you found this for five bucks....total score! My best find was a single bottle of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on clearance at Ulta a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I honestly thought I would never find a rare polish. There aren't a lot of places to go dusty hunting here.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...