Tuesday, July 16, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Inspired By Artwork

Hey all you lovely people! Hope your week is going well! We have a bit of sunshine today, after an all day downpour yesterday. Rain is great an d all, but all frickin day is a bit much. My garden is looking rather water logged today!
 
Since it is Tuesday, that means another challenge post is up today! I have been eagerly waiting for this particular theme, because I am a huge art dork. Fun fact: I was a fine arts major in college and took long boring classes about art history! So I have a fair bit of knowledge pertaining to artists and their bodies of work. Finding a piece and translating it to nail art was a bit of a challenge, but after I decided to go for a more graphic style, everything fell in to place. One of the best graphic artists, I think, is Andy Warhol. His imagery is iconic, bright and totally eye catching. One of my favorite pieces is an earlier lithograph called "Flowers."
 
 
 
 
 
Used:
 
Essie - The More The Merrier
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
Color Club - Coral Cascade
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry - Man-Go Team
Julep - Lexie
China Glaze - Passion For Petals
 
Nail Art Fan Brush
Dotting Tools
 
I cannot believe how awesome these turned out!!! I am so so so happy with everything about them. And I am totally gonna rock these all day long.
 
For the grassy back ground, I used the fan brush that came with my nail art brush set and I really love the grungy result. Dotting tools for the flowers and topped it all with NYC Grand Central Station (thinned down an excessive amount). Pop art on my finger tips! 

 
 I would really love to play around with this style and do different color combos. Maybe some like the NARS palettes that were released last fall?

Next up is "Inspired By A Flag" and I have noooooo clue what I am going to do! >_<

4 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...